Macadamia-crusted fish with lemon spinach recipe
0.0/5 rating (0 votes)
- Recipe Author: Andrea Naude
- Company: Savannah Cafe
Recipes by Savannah Cafe
* 4 servings
- 1 lemon
- 190g (1 1/4 cups) macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 firm white fish fillets like yellowtail, kabeljou or fresh hake from our fish shops in Hermanus
- 20g butter
- 300g baby spinach leaves
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Finely grate the rind of the lemon. Cut the lemon in half and remove the seeds. Juice the lemon.
- Step 2 - Place macadamia nuts in a mortar and crush with a pestle until they resemble coarse breadcrumbs. Stir in lemon rind, oil, dill and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Place fish on the prepared tray. Divide macadamia nut mixture among the fish and press down firmly. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork in the thickest part.
- Step 3 - Meanwhile, heat the butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the spinach and lemon juice. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until the spinach wilts.
- Step 4 - Divide the spinach among serving plates and top with the fish.